Recipe provided by Baba's Wife Karen Chan.
- 1 fish cutlet (seasoned with salt)
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 20g fresh turmeric (sliced)
- 50g of ginger (cut into strips)
- 8-10 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 3-4 bird’s eye chillies
- 1 /2 cup of vinegar
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Toasted sesame seeds to garnish
- Season the fish cutlet with salt and coat it with some oil
- Put the fish cutlet directly on the stainless-steel rack of Buffalo Pro Chef Plus. Select the "Fry" function on Buffalo Pro Chef Plus and set the timer to 15 minutes.
Step 3-4: How to prepare the acar
- Heat up some oil in the Happycall Flexpan. Put in sliced turmeric and sauté for about 1 minute. Next, put in ginger strips and sliced garlic. Cook gently over low heat for about 1 minute. Do not caramelise the ingredients. Next, put in some bird’s eye chillies. When the bird’s eye chillies become soft, put in 4 tbsp of sugar and 1/2 cup of vinegar. Leave it to simmer for 1 minute. Make sure all the ingredients in this step are not over cooked.
- Add some salt to taste, then turn off the heat and let it cool down.
- Acar should have a good balance of saltiness, sweetness, sourness and spiciness.
- Finally, remove the fish cutlet from the Buffalo Pro Chef Plus and pour the cooked acar over the fish and let it soak for about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds over the fish and it is now ready to be served.
*This dish will taste even better if it is kept in the fridge overnight. Do not need to reheat the fish. It can be served chilled.
Get your Buffalo Pro Chef Plus HERE: