Ayam (Chicken) Pongteh - Nyonya Cuisine
Recipe by Karen Chan from Baba's Wife
- 800g chicken
- 4 Shallots (Sliced)
- 10 Mushrooms (Soaked)
- 1 or 2 Cups water
- 2 Potatoes (Cut)
- 3 tbs Bean Paste
- 2 tbs Dark soy sauce
- Sugar/palm sugar to taste
- Select "Steam" function on Buffalo IH Smart Cooker and press start.
- Pour in some oil and let it heat up.
- Brown the shallots in the cooker. Then add in bean paste.
- Put in chicken and stir.
- Put mushrooms in the pot and add water (cover the chicken).
- Add in dark soy sauce.
- Close the lid and wait for 10 minutes. (When the countdown timer shows 00:10)
- Add in potatoes, sugar and close the lid.
- Ready to serve when it's done.
Get your Buffalo IH Smart Cooker HERE