- Larger size for larger meals - serves 4-5 people
- Keeps heat even after removal from heat sources to continue cooking and keep food hotter for longer
- Sustains high heat for long periods to provide delicious slow-cooking and tender meals
- Use of sufficient water or broth while cooking prevents food from burning
- Traditional design developed and refined over centuries which circulates steam and retains moisture in food
- Lead-free and environmentally friendly thanks to all-natural materials
- Made in Japan to the highest quality standards
- Compatible with gas, electric, and ceramic cooktops. Oven and microwave safe
Japanese Clay Pot
While earthenware pots make food tasty, there was an unchangeable common sense that they were troublesome to clean and handle. But now, these problems have become avoidable.
This Fukui Donabe clay pot has properties ideal for heat retention and high temperature, it’s excellent for retaining heat after it’s turned off and it requires no pre-seasoning before use.
Donabe is always used for one-pot meals in Japan, as it’s an easy way to cook complete and nutritious meals quickly.
This pot is suitable for gas tops, microwave ovens, ovens, and radiant heaters.
No need to season
Conventional clay pots need to be filled with water dissolved in flour and boiled for a long time before being used to seal the minute holes in the surface of the clay pot. Kikka clay pots do not require this sealing process and are ready to use as soon as they arrive at your home.
15% lighter than conventional products
Clay pots used to be heavy and difficult to carry, but through the optimization of our unique clay blend and shape, we have succeeded in reducing the weight by 15% without compromising heat-retaining properties.
Easy to care
One of the reasons people hesitate to use clay pots was that it was difficult to remove stains and odors from the bottom of the pot, but these have been greatly improved by an in-house developed glaze.
FREE shipping in Australia for orders at or over $89
Flat rate shipping of $9.90 for orders under $89
All stock is located and sent from Melbourne.
*We offer product exchanges and refunds with no queries or questions asked. For more information and instructions, read our returns and exchanges policy.
In addition, all products come with a 12-month manufacturer warranty. Our warranty does not cover mishandling by the user, e.g., accidental damage and commercial use.
Steps to take
Fill the Warranty & Repair From online; Our customer support team will contact you as soon as possible;If you need to post us the item, we recommended that you keep the original packaging, i.e. boxes, as that will make it easier for us to dispatch a courier to pick up the defective item.